Serving the San Joaquin Valley for 200 years
Occupied Historic Town
San Joaquin County
Circa 1800's to Present
Named after William S. Moss,
an Ohio steamboat captain who owned much of the surrounding land in the 1800's,
Mossdale Landing served as a river port during the California gold rush.
Supplies were shipped in to Mossdale Landing through the California Delta. The
area became a major agricultural area serving the sprouting towns of the
valley. Mossdale also became the first ferry crossing on the San Joaquin
River. Today the land where the township once stood is vacant except for a
river front store and bar that caters to boat traffic.